Sunday, April 29, 2012

April Update

April has been a very very busy month for me and I have a feeling May is going to be even worse. Time has flown and I am definitely not complaining. I love looking at my countdown and being surprised at how many days I have left! 460! That is not a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. So this month my missionary has been working very very hard. He has what he says is a difficult companion and he tends to not follow the rules...such as calling home on the mission cell phone but they are working things out and starting to have some progress. So I think I posted this a few months ago but Grant had a little bike accident which led to him injuring his wrist {someone threw a beer bottle at him and he totaled his bike} well it has still been bothering him a lot so he finally got an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon well long story short Grant is having surgery and yes I am freaking out. He has decided that he does not want to come home to have the surgery and they are going to let him have surgery in California as long as his stake president gives him the OK which i'm sure he will so no he is not coming home. I can understand why he doesn't want to come home and I am working hard to continue to support him when he needs me the most. My update hmmm I turned 18 this month so I am no longer "jail bait", I got a new car for my birthday, a Pontiac G6 that I love, I ordered my graduation announcements which is a scary thought, I applied for housing, I won three track meets in the pole vault, set a new PR in pole vault, finished my senior project portfolio, and a lot of other boring senior stuff. I graduate in 22  days yes it is way crazy for me! So I found this cute little thingy or quote I guess you would say so I will share that and wrap up my April update.

 "Only once in your life, I truly believe you will find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you've never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for the future,dreams that will never come true, goals that were never achieved and the many disappointments life has thrown at you. When something wonderful happens you can't wait to tell them about it, knowing they will share in your excitement. They are not embarrassed to cry with you when you are hurting or laugh with you when you make a fool of yourself. Never do they hurt your feelings or may you feel like you not good enough, but rather they build you up and show you the things about yourself that make you special and even beautiful. there is never any pressure of jealousy or competition but only a quiet calmness when they are around. You can be yourself and now worry what they think of you because they love you for who you are. The things that seem insignificant to most people such as a note, song or walk become invaluable treasure kept safe in your heart to cherish forever. Memories of you childhood come back and are so clear and vivid it's like being young again. Colors seem brighter and 'more brilliant. Laughter seems part of daily life where before it was infrequent or didn't exist at all. A phone call or two during the day helps you get through along day's work and always brings a smile to you face. In their presence, there's no need for continuous conversation, but you find you're quite content in just having them nearby. Things that never interested you before became fascinating because you know they are important to this person who is special to you. You think of this person on every occasion and in everything you do. Simple things bring them to mind like a pale blue sky, gentle wind or even a storm cloud on the horizon. You open your heart knowing that there's a chance it may be broken one day and in opening your heart, you experience a love and joy that you never dreamed possible. You find that being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel the true pleasure that's so real it scares you. You find strength knowing you have a soul mate who will remain loyal to the end. Life seems completely different, exciting, and worthwhile. Your only hope and security is in knowing that they are part of your life."

No comments:

Post a Comment