Wednesday, July 31, 2013

7-31-13 He's HOME

July 31st, 2013 will always be one of the happiest days of my life. That is the day my best friend, boyfriend, and greatest guy I know came home from his mission. I waited for 729 days and it was 1000% worth it. I got off at 9:00 and Grants plane came in at 10:54 pm in Twin Falls. I rode to Twin with his parents and little brothers, they whole way up I went from calm and collected to nearly freaking out. When I got there a girl who I was friends with was there waiting for her boyfriend to come home and she was literally freaking out......which made me realize I wasn't really freaking out....I was pretty calm. I didn't really have any emotions until the plane landed and I sat there looking at this plane and realizing that Grant was in there, he was in Idaho, and in a couple minutes he was going to be walking through the doors.....thats when the hormones and emotions hit. I watched him walk down the stairs and then I ran with his family and just stood outside the door. I looked at him walking towards me and all my head was saying was "this isn't real.....OMG this is real.....wait no its not real.....this isnt happening" and then BAM he walked in and his Mom ran and give him a hug. He looked at me and started walking over to me next me being me and thinking it would be funny I stretched out my hand to shake know being proper....well he looked at it and just said "no i dont think so" and he gave me a hug a good hug the best hug, the kind you don't know when or how you can ever let go.....but don't worry I shared. When he hugged me that's when it hit me like a ton of bricks he was home, he wasn't going to leave, he was mine now all mine. We did all the hello's and hugs and everything and then we were on our way home....and he sat next to me....which even though I love him a TON it was so funny how awkward he was like he did the whole stretch and put his arm around me.....which I don't know how allowed that is but I busted up laughing and totally made him feel bad. When we got home went straight to the stake center and dropped him off to be released. We all went home and just talked about how funny it was to see him and how he had this awkward twitch ha. When he got home it was almost 2:00 am and we all stayed up talking and everything it was so nice to just have him home. I live an hour away so his mom let me stay the night upstairs on the couch. Everyone had gone to bed and I had just laid down on the couch when I heard someone come up the stairs. I looked up and it was Grant and I just said you better go back to bed before you get me in trouble and he leaned down and kissed me.........yup it was fantastic......and then he said "okay goodnight" and ran back downstairs. That next morning I was so tired from being up so late that I slept in and Grant came upstairs and woke me up and we just sat and cuddled and talked like he had never left.........well that's the just of it we spent all day together doing all the things missionaries need to do when they get home. I am so in love with him I don't even know what to say or how to explain it. I will say its not "like he never left" people say that all the time and yes things are great like before he left but we have both grown up so much and done so many things that it isn't like he never's way better....its like he left and we matured and fell more in love with each other!

1 comment: